Paul West Bio
- FromLos Angeles, CA
About Paul West.
Paul is a music business executive with a career spanning over thirty years working for EMI Music International, JVC and the largest music conglomerate, Universal Music Group, His technical creativity plus operational management skills, resulted in numerous industry accomplishments in such areas as: digital audio, mastering production techniques, audio watermarking, E-delivery standards and audio preservation.
In the studio world as a Senior Vice President at Universal, he built a network of mastering studios in strategic locations worldwide. In conjunction, Paul drafted audio preservation techniques and opened several digital archiving centers that have become the backbone to the industry.
Paul has served on numerous committees: RIAA, AES, SDMI, NDIIPP and SMTE. With his background, Paul was chosen to serve on several Library of Congress ongoing tasks forces including Section 108 Standards and the Born Digital Initiative that culminated in the publishing of the ground breaking strategic document “Preserving our Digital Heritage”.
With over three decades of hands-on experience as an executive with major Record Labels and studios, Paul brings to each client the oversight needed in running successful, entertainment-based companies. He has a track record in creating higher profit margins by implementing and modernizing operations for companies worldwide. His thorough knowledge of operational standards along with his ability to present innovative, cost-saving approaches, is helping stand-alone companies compete with higher competency in today’s environment.
Companies to which he has Contributed Expertise:
- Universal Music Group/MCA Records; Senior Vice President, Studio and Vault Operations
- JVC Japan, Director, Optical Disk Operations
- EMI, Global Studio Liaison to Manufacturing Operations.
Credentials & Professional Affiliations:
- Member Audio Engineering Society (AES), membership
- Society of Motion Pictures Television Entertainment (SMPTE), Technical Task Force.
- Library of Congress: Born Digital Initiative Committee,
- Library of Congress Section 108 Advisory Committee